Friday, April 12, 2013

How did I become a teacher?


To be a Teacher one must have a talent! 

Having taught for about 7 years, I truly believe that not everyone can become a teacher. It is not the question of education or even your personality. I think it's a gift, a talent which you get at your birth and which you develop through the experience. What is it more? Passion! Yes, passion is one of the key ingredients of a real teacher. It won't let you stop desperately in the middle of the way. It will keep you going!

I started teaching English being a university student. I was only 19 and my friends asked me to be a tutor for a girl of eight. It was a tough task for me I would say. The main problem at that time was the structure of the lesson itself. I couldn’t find out the best solution or at least any solution for organizing the material in a somehow logical way. I was trying to explain every small detail of grammar to that poor little girl. :)))) So finally she got confused. I decided to quit teaching for some time and to continue my linguistic education. 

After some time I understood what a wise decision it had been!
At that time, I didn’t think seriously about being a teacher. It was merely a hobby, a way to improve my English. I couldn’t even imagine myself doing a living out of it. Therefore, I didn’t plan to pay much attention to studying methodology and that sort of thing. I was just studying the language.

At that time, I didn’t think seriously about being a teacher. It was merely a hobby, a way to improve my English. I couldn’t even imagine myself doing a living out of it. Therefore, I didn’t plan to pay much attention to studying methodology and that sort of thing. I was just studying the language.

The time came and I understood that this profession is for me. I felt the passion inside of me saying ‘Are you going to give up so easily?’ after each failure I had! And believe me I had a bunch of them!!!

That was my story of becoming a teacher. Do you have yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
'Everything you do has some effect, some impact'

Instagram

Instagram

Contact Form